Chiropractic treatment focuses on the musculoskeletal and nervous systems. As with all body systems, specific nutrients protect and increase their functional strength. Various chiropractic-recommended supplements can help in the treatment of musculoskeletal issues and help transform an individual’s health.
Chiropractors study food-based supplements that are bio-available to cells and are easily absorbed by the body. These food-based supplements and vitamins are seen as food by the body. Supplements are used in detoxification to overcome nutritional deficiencies and enhance an individual’s diet by taking nutrients to optimum levels. Immune system health can also be strengthened by keeping the body resistant to diseases.
Chiropractic medicine study’s all the building blocks of the body that, include:
- Organic Chemistry
Holistic nutrition teaches that the body heals from within, which is why healing the gut first, is essential to healing the rest of the body and maintaining health.
Recommended Chiropractic Supplements
Dietary supplements that directly impact the health of the musculoskeletal and the nervous system.
- Potassium is an important regulator of nerve impulses.
- Electrochemical signals or action potentials use potassium and sodium to generate responses from cells in the nervous system.
- Potassium is necessary for turning off nerve impulses and preventing the uncontrolled signaling of nerves.
- Uncontrolled signaling can lead to movement disorders.
- Calcium is necessary for the regulation of the action potentials throughout the body.
- Calcium helps initiate action potentials and helps the cells return to a normal state afterward.
- Calcium contributes to the development of the nervous system helping guide the nerve cells.
- Calcium is a major element of bone health to repair bones’ and facilitate regrowth.
- The body will take the calcium from the bones if there is a calcium deficiency.
- One of the most important nutrients for bone health.
- Vitamin D helps promote bone development and growth.
- Facilitates calcium absorption helping the body process and absorb the calcium.
- Increases the effectiveness of daily calcium.
- A member of the B Complex.
- B12 is essential to the function of the nervous system and the body’s metabolism.
- B12 breaks complex carbohydrates into more simplistic glucose for basic functions.
- B12 helps maintain the nerve insulator myelin, which is necessary for nerve transmission.
- B12 deficiency has been linked to the loss of myelin and can lead to serious conditions like Alzheimer’s.
- B12 shots deliver the nutrient directly to the bloodstream bypassing the absorption process necessary for oral supplements.
- Vitamin K helps balance and facilitate calcium absorption.
- Vitamin K helps strengthen bones and increase bone density.
- Often recommended for individuals with osteopenia and osteoporosis to help prevent fractures.
How To Choose Supplements
Lee, Mi Kyung, et al. “The use of nutritional guidance within chiropractic patient management: a survey of 333 chiropractors from the ACORN practice-based research network.” Chiropractic & manual therapies vol. 26 7. 20 Feb. 2018, doi:10.1186/s12998-018-0175-1
Nguyen, Douglas L. “Guidance for supplemental enteral nutrition across patient populations.” The American journal of managed care vol. 23,12 Suppl (2017): S210-S219.
Pludowski, Pawel, et al. “Vitamin D effects on musculoskeletal health, immunity, autoimmunity, cardiovascular disease, cancer, fertility, pregnancy, dementia and mortality-a review of recent evidence.” Autoimmunity reviews vol. 12,10 (2013): 976-89. doi:10.1016/j.autrev.2013.02.004
Song, Yong-Ak, et al. “Electrochemical activation and inhibition of neuromuscular systems through modulation of ion concentrations with ion-selective membranes.” Nature materials vol. 10,12 980-6. 23 Oct. 2011, doi:10.1038/nmat3146
Professional Scope of Practice *
The information herein on "Recommended Chiropractic Supplements" is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional, or licensed physician, and is not medical advice. We encourage you to make your own healthcare decisions based on your research and partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.
Blog Information & Scope Discussions
Our information scope is limited to Chiropractic, musculoskeletal, physical medicines, wellness, contributing etiological viscerosomatic disturbances within clinical presentations, associated somatovisceral reflex clinical dynamics, subluxation complexes, sensitive health issues, and/or functional medicine articles, topics, and discussions.
We provide and present clinical collaboration with specialists from a wide array of disciplines. Each specialist is governed by their professional scope of practice and their jurisdiction of licensure. We use functional health & wellness protocols to treat and support care for the injuries or disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
Our videos, posts, topics, subjects, and insights cover clinical matters, issues, and topics that relate to and support, directly or indirectly, our clinical scope of practice.*
Our office has made a reasonable attempt to provide supportive citations and has identified the relevant research study or studies supporting our posts. We provide copies of supporting research studies available to regulatory boards and the public upon request.
We understand that we cover matters that require an additional explanation of how it may assist in a particular care plan or treatment protocol; therefore, to further discuss the subject matter above, please feel free to ask Dr. Alex Jimenez DC or contact us at 915-850-0900.
We are here to help you and your family.
Dr. Alex Jimenez DC, MSACP, CCST, IFMCP*, CIFM*, ATN*
Licensed in: Texas & New Mexico*
Dr. Alex Jimenez DC, MSACP, CIFM*, IFMCP*, ATN*, CCST
My Digital Business Card