- The Impact of Continuous Eating
- Fasting and Types of Fasting
- Mimic Fasting, Why?
- ProLon Fasting Mimicking Diet
Fasting To Empower Health
A State of Continuous Eating
Fasting, What Is It?
- Fasting: To abstain from food and beverage
- Biological Fasting:
- To not consume food that triggers cellular Food Sensing Pathways: PKA, IGF-1 & mTOR
- Sensing Pathways are triggered up to 24 hours after the last meal
- Biological fasting begins 24 hours from your last meal
- “Juice fasting is considered fasting because it does not contain solid food”
Fasting: Part of A Healthy Human Diet, Which Has Been Lost
Optimize The Body Through Fasting
USC Dr. Longo pioneered the research characterizing nutrient sensing pathways
- Longevity Institute at the USC School of Gerontology focuses on fundamental mechanisms of aging
- Demonstrated in laboratory and clinical studies that the IGF-1, TOR, and PKA pathways are closely related to aging
- Elevation of these nutrient-sensing pathways accelerates aging processes
- IGF-1 has been associated with the longest living human populations (centenarians)
- Source: Aging cell, volume 13, issue 4
IGF-1 has been associated with the longest living human populations (centenarians) Source: Aging cell, volume 13, issue 4
- Time Restricted Eating/Feeding (TRE/TRF)
- Daily pattern of eating during a window of 8 to 12 hours
- Intermittent Fasting (IF)
- 1-3 days of fasting, usually non-consecutive
- Per week
- Prolonged Fasting (PF)
- 4 or more consecutive days of fasting
- Water Only Fasting
- Fasting Mimicking Diet (FMD)
The Impact Of Fasting
Prolonged Fasting & Water Only Fasting Benefits:
Water Only Fasting Disadvantages:
USC developed the Fasting while Eating Food Concept Known As The Fasting Mimicking Diet (FMD)
The Fasting Mimicking Diet
- Natural, plant-based nutrition technology that mimics fasting for 5 days
- All this while providing the body with nutrition
- Stomach sees food, while the cells believe fasting is taking place
- Consists of
- Fasting becomes more practical
- No lifestyle changes required
- FMD induces fast fat loss without decreasing lean body mass
- Maintains healthy metabolism
FMD & Nutrition Breakthrough
FMD Hits All the Important Factors of a Breakthrough Product
- All Natural
- Backed by NIH and major grantors
- University-based Research & Development
- Patented and innovative (21 filed patents, 5 issued)
- Published in top medical journals (Science Translational Medicine, JAMA, etc.)
Top Research Organizations
Healthy Weight Loss From Fasting
ProLon® has clinically shown to help people with a normal Body Mass Index reading. To lose an average of 5.lbs of fat and 1.2 inches off waist circumference. While overweight/obese individuals lost >8lbs. This is with visceral fat reduction all the while protecting Lean Body Mass.
- Health Optimization
- Clinically studied to promote
- A Fast way to lose weight
- Most loss is circumferential fat
- Preserve lean body mass (muscle and bone)
- Only 5 days of lifestyle change per month
- For three months
Promotes Healthy Levels of C-Reactive Protein
This Is An Inflammation marker
Maintain Healthy Levels:
- Blood Pressure
1 + 2 + 3 + 4 = Major Elements of Metabolic Health
1 + 2 + 3 + 4 = Major Determinants of Metabolic Health
Enhancement Of Patient Well-Being:
- Trial Participants reported:
- Improvement in energy levels
- Empowered to make healthier choices in life
- Positive impact on lifestyle
FMD Top Media Articles
Fasting The #1 Diet in the United States for 2018
Source: Mattson MP, Longo VD, Harvie M. Impact of intermittent fasting on health and disease processes. Ageing Res Rev. 2017 Oct;39:46-58. doi: 10.1016/j.arr.2016.10.005. Epub 2016 Oct 31.
Get Your Free Copy Today!
The information herein on "How ProLon® Can Support Your Health | El Paso, Tx." is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional, licensed physician, and is not medical advice. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based on your research and partnership with a qualified health care professional.
Our information scope is limited to chiropractic, musculoskeletal, physical medicines, wellness, sensitive health issues, functional medicine articles, topics, and discussions. We provide and present clinical collaboration with specialists from a wide array of disciplines. Each specialist is governed by their professional scope of practice and their jurisdiction of licensure. We use functional health & wellness protocols to treat and support care for the injuries or disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
Our videos, posts, topics, subjects, and insights cover clinical matters, issues, and topics that relate to and support, directly or indirectly, our clinical scope of practice.*
Our office has made a reasonable attempt to provide supportive citations and has identified the relevant research study or studies supporting our posts. We provide copies of supporting research studies available to regulatory boards and the public upon request.
We understand that we cover matters that require an additional explanation of how it may assist in a particular care plan or treatment protocol; therefore, to further discuss the subject matter above, please feel free to ask Dr. Alex Jimenez or contact us at 915-850-0900.
We are here to help you and your family.