Intense stress and anxiety can cause individuals to feel tired constantly, which can lead to other issues like sleep problems, brain fog, digestive issues, and musculoskeletal disorders. Chiropractic care can return the body to optimal function, increasing circulation, restoring spinal alignment, re-energizing the mind and body, and preventing future fatigue and exhaustion.
Exhaustion and Fatigue
Primary causes of fatigue and exhaustion are stress, overworking, school work, lack of sound sleep, excessive caffeine or other energy boosters, and the holidays.
Stress is a leading contributor to fatigue and exhaustion.
- Stress causes the muscles to contract, restricting blood circulation.
- Chronic stress causes the musculoskeletal system to be in a state of continued constriction.
- Constant muscle tension can cause injury and chronic conditions, leading to secondary disorders like tension headaches and migraines.
High-quality rest means falling asleep naturally, staying asleep through the night comfortably, and waking rested and refreshed.
- Lack of enough sleep strains the nervous system.
- Not enough sleep or disruptions to the sleep-wake cycle (that can happen with shift work or traveling work) can cause physiological fatigue.
- This causes reduced motor skills, similar to having a blood alcohol content of 0.1.
Proper nutrition is key to overall health and stress management. An unhealthy diet can be the main cause of fatigue. Just like putting the wrong gas into your car can cause major issues stalling or stopping entirely. The same is true with the body. The body is a complicated engine that requires healthy fuel to work properly.
- Macronutrients (fat, carbohydrates, and protein) and Micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) are essential.
Chiropractic Care and Functional Medicine
Chiropractic care can be a long-term solution for fatigue and exhaustion.
Spinal realignment resets the body through better posture and brain function through the improved circulation flowing through the spinal cord.
- Optimal spinal realignment:
- Relieves headaches
- Alleviates discomfort symptoms
- Increases energy
- Restores range of motion
Relieve Pressure On The Nerves
Chiropractic releases pressure on the nerves.
- The central nervous system’s response to pain, energy levels, comfort, and mobility is impacted by the health of the nerves.
- Just a minimal amount of pressure can reduce the strength of a nerve by 90%.
- Nerves that are not working correctly have difficulty transmitting messages, often causing pain.
Loosen Tense Muscles
Chiropractic care and massage therapy can help relieve the tension in overworked muscles.
- Fatigue and exhaustion can cause the muscles to work harder/overcompensate to try to maintain balance.
- Over time, the muscles can’t keep it up and become frozen and tense.
Nervous System Regulation
Chiropractic care can restore nervous system function.
- When the spine is not correctly aligned, the electrical impulses are not transmitted properly.
- Common side effects include headaches, neck and back problems, and digestive issues.
Chiropractic care can restore the body to a refreshed and rejuvenated state. It can improve circulation, rebalance the body, increase oxygen levels and strengthen the immune system.
Adrenal Insufficiency: Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Azzolino, Domenico, et al. “Nutritional Status as a Mediator of Fatigue and Its Underlying Mechanisms in Older People.” Nutrients vol. 12,2 444. 10 Feb. 2020, doi:10.3390/nu12020444
Chaudhuri, Abhijit, and Peter O Behan. “Fatigue in neurological disorders.” Lancet (London, England) vol. 363,9413 (2004): 978-88. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(04)15794-2
Evans, William J, and Charles P Lambert. “Physiological basis of fatigue.” American journal of physical medicine & rehabilitation vol. 86,1 Suppl (2007): S29-46. doi:10.1097/phm.0b013e31802ba53c
Finsterer, Josef, and Sinda Zarrouk Mahjoub. “Fatigue in healthy and diseased individuals.” The American journal of hospice & palliative care vol. 31,5 (2014): 562-75. doi:10.1177/1049909113494748
Rosenthal, Thomas C et al. “Fatigue: an overview.” American family physician vol. 78,10 (2008): 1173-9.
Professional Scope of Practice *
The information herein on "Fatigue and Exhaustion: Injury Medical Chiropractic" is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional, or licensed physician, and is not medical advice. We encourage you to make your own healthcare decisions based on your research and partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.
Blog Information & Scope Discussions
Our information scope is limited to Chiropractic, musculoskeletal, physical medicines, wellness, contributing etiological viscerosomatic disturbances within clinical presentations, associated somatovisceral reflex clinical dynamics, subluxation complexes, sensitive health issues, and/or functional medicine articles, topics, and discussions.
We provide and present clinical collaboration with specialists from a wide array of disciplines. Each specialist is governed by their professional scope of practice and their jurisdiction of licensure. We use functional health & wellness protocols to treat and support care for the injuries or disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
Our videos, posts, topics, subjects, and insights cover clinical matters, issues, and topics that relate to and support, directly or indirectly, our clinical scope of practice.*
Our office has made a reasonable attempt to provide supportive citations and has identified the relevant research study or studies supporting our posts. We provide copies of supporting research studies available to regulatory boards and the public upon request.
We understand that we cover matters that require an additional explanation of how it may assist in a particular care plan or treatment protocol; therefore, to further discuss the subject matter above, please feel free to ask Dr. Alex Jimenez DC or contact us at 915-850-0900.
We are here to help you and your family.
Dr. Alex Jimenez DC, MSACP, CCST, IFMCP*, CIFM*, ATN*
Licensed in: Texas & New Mexico*
Dr. Alex Jimenez DC, MSACP, CIFM*, IFMCP*, ATN*, CCST
My Digital Business Card