Fasting is the abstinence or reduction from some or all meals, drink, or both, for a period of time. Fasting helps cleanse the body from impurities.
- Most types of fasts are performed over 24ย72 hours
- Absolute or quick fasting is generally defined as abstinence from all food and liquid for a specified interval.
- Tea and black coffee can be consumed
- Water fasting means abstinence from all food and drink except water.
- Fasts can be intermittent or may be partially restrictive, limiting substances or particular foods.
- In a physiological context, fasting can refer to the status of a person that has not eaten or to a Metabolic state.
- Metabolic changes occur during fasting.
- Promotes Blood Sugar Control
- Fights Inflammation
- Enhances Heart Health
- Cholesterol Levels
- Prevents Neurodegenerative Disorders
- Increases Growth Hormone Secretion
- Weight Loss
- Muscle Strength
There are diagnostic tests to determine a fasting state.
Ex: a person is believed to be fasting after 8-12 hours have elapsed since their last meal.
Metabolic changes from the fasting state start after absorption of a meal usually 3-5 hours after eating.
- A diagnostic fast means prolonged fasting from 8-72 hours (depending on age) conducted under observation to facilitate investigation of health complications, such as hypoglycemia.
- People may also fast as part of a medical procedure or test, such as colonoscopy or operation.
- Finally, fasting can be a part of a ritual.
The link between microbiota and different factors such as exercise, genetics, disease, body composition, and nutritional intake is undeniable. However,… Read More
INSPIRING - INNOVATING & TRANSFORMING HEALTH COACHING The Functional Medicine focused Live Personal Injury Clinic Show welcomes and presents Trauma… Read More
Our digestive health depends on the composition of our healthy gut microbiome or the bacteria in our gastrointestinal (GI) tract.… Read More
Scientists and healthcare professionals are starting to shine a light on the importance of the composition of our gut microbiome,… Read More
For many people, fasting, or the concept of willingly skipping meals for a specific period of time, may not seem… Read More
Do you feel: Hungry in an hour or two after eating? Unexplained weight gain? Hormonal imbalances? An overall sense of… Read More
Alessio Nencioni, Irene Caffa, Salvatore Cortellino and Valter D. Longo Abstract | The vulnerability of cancer cells to nutrient deprivation… Read More
Individuals getting a very low percentage of their daily calories from carbohydrates, such as fruits, grains, and starchy vegetables, are… Read More
Do you sometimes feel like your chronic pain becomes worse after eating certain foods? As a matter of fact, research… Read More
Chronic pain is a common health issue which affects many people in the United States. While several medical conditions, such… Read More
Adhering to a specific diet to maintain proper nutrition can sometimes make eating stressful. Natural lifestyle modifications are the key… Read More
Understanding the ProLonฎ Fasting Mimicking Diet Fasting is associated with numerous health benefits; from weight loss to longevity. There are… Read More
Heard about fasting? It is defined as, "abstinence from eating." What this diet has the potential for in medical benefits… Read More
El Paso, TX. Chiropractor, Dr. Alex Jimenez focuses on the Fasting Mimicking diet. What it's about, how to take it… Read More
Fasting offers numerous health benefits, from increasing insulin sensitivity and promoting weight loss to enhancing the immune system. Although we… Read More
Injury, Trauma & Spinal Rehabilitation Specialist